Fox News stated the following in an article:
To start off the day, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad sat down with us to discuss his plan of action. He beamed confidence from the second he arrived, and necessarily too, since what he had to say was hardly inventive. When asked about his thoughts on the demands of the Taliban, he said “As of having a Muslim state I don’t have much control over that”. Yes, maybe Ahmadinejad doesn’t have direct control over the negotiations with the Taliban, but why would he be involved in the numerous meetings discussing a resolution if he didn’t have any say. In combating terrorists it is highly difficult to have control, but it is simply a wise decision to know your stance on matters of high importance.
I said I don't have much control over that NOT that I have absolutely no power at all and I should just sit off to the side and let the other countries negotiate. I don't have direct control because I would not be giving up any Iranian territory. I am not just going through the motions. I am extremely active in our UN meetings something you, the media, is not involved in. Therefore, you need to further investigate the situation before you start assuming that Iran is standing by with a passive attitude towards this issue.
No comments:
Post a Comment